It is the student's responsibility to write assignments down each night in the assignment notebook
•Please check your child's assignment notebook every day!
• Parents check for late/missing assignments : PARENTS MUST SIGN THESE
Each assignment should take about 20 minutes to complete at home. In 5th grade I aim to assign no more than an hour worth of homework. If an assignment is given multiple nights to complete, this means it will take more than 20 minutes and students should learn to manage their time.
Grading Scale (Late assignments -10% per day late)
A+ 99-100Anything below a C will need to be corrected, signed by a parent, and returned
Although it may be hard to believe, you can actually help your child enjoy doing homework. When you provide the necessary support and encouragement, most children will rise to the occasion and do their best on their assignments.
What do children need from parents?
* Encouragement – Give your child praise for efforts and for completing assignments.
* Availability – Encourage your child to do the work independently, but be available for assistance.
* Scheduling – Establish a set time to do homework each day. You may want to use a calendar to keep track of assignments and due dates.
* Space - Provide a space for homework, stocked with necessary supplies, such as pencils, pens, paper, dictionaries, a computer, and other reference materials.