Educational Support Services
- Behavioral Intervention Procedures - D64 maintains behavioral intervention procedures in accordance with the Illinois Administrative Code.
- Extended School Year (ESY) - A summer program that continues the school year for qualifying students with special needs based upon the district eligibility rubric as determined by the IEP team
- Facilitated IEP (Individualized Education Plan) - IEP facilitation is a process that helps foster effective communication between parents and districts as they develop a mutually acceptable IEP
- PDF presentation
- PDF presentation
- Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS/RTI) -A Multi-Tiered System of Support (MTSS) is used to provide students identified by the screeners, extra support and services to work towards meeting grade level expectations.
- Section 504 - District 64 provides services and accommodations under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Students who may qualify under 504 must meet eligibility guidelines of: having a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities; has a record of physical or mental impairment; or is regarded as having a physical or mental impairment.
Resources from the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE)
- ISBE Parent Website - Many excellent resources are available from the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE). District 64 joins with ISBE in affirming that parents can positively impact their children’s learning and healthy development, and that when families, schools and communities partner together, schools thrive and students benefit.
- ISBE Parent Guides
- Parent's Guide - Educational Rights and Responsibilities: Understanding Special Education in Illinois
- Guia para Padres: Derechos y responsabilidades educacionales: entendiendo la educación especial en Illinois
- Glossary of Terms
Family-Focused Workshops Hosted by D64
- Planning for the Future of Children with Special Needs - On March 4, 2020, the All Abilities group in coordination with the District 64 Student Services Department hosted a presentation on the Legal and Future Planning for Children and Adults with Special Needs presented by attorney Brian Rubin, the founder of Rubin Law.
- Strategies for Toilet Training Children - Noted behavior consultant Alice Belgrade conducted a parent workshop on March 5, 2019 on strategies for toilet training children.
- Teach, Don’t Punish - Behavior Change in Children with Learning Differences - Alice Belgrade conducted this workshop on Wednesday, May 2, 2018. This workshop provided specific tools to promote cooperative behavior. Positive interventions were outlined that reduce oppositional behavior while building your child’s self-esteem.
If you need additional information or resources, please contact Dr. Lea Anne Frost at (847) 318-4300 or email@example.com