Many excellent resources are available from the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE). District 64 joins with ISBE in affirming that parents can positively impact their children’s learning and healthy development, and that when families, schools and communities partner together, schools thrive and students benefit.
- Visit the ISBE's Special Education & Support Services - Resources for Parents website here
- Or, view this ISBE publication directly: Parent's Guide - Educational Rights and Responsibilities: Understanding Special Education in Illinois (June 2009 - PDF)
District 64 Special Education Parent Group
District 64 in spring 2018 created a parent support group focused on the needs of families receiving special education assistance. Find out more about the parent group meetings and events here.
Materials from the May 2018 workshop conducted by noted behavior consultant Alice Belgrade, called“Teach, Don’t Punish” - Behavior Change in Children with Learning Differences," are available on the Parent Group webpage, too!
Facilitated IEP Training
District 64 utilized this presentation during the January 23 and 24, 2019 training sessions offered to parents.
Noted behavior consultant Alice Belgrade conducted a parent workshop on March 5, 2019 on strategies for toilet training children. Here are the resource materials she shared with parents:
- Basic Toileting Procedure
- Six Stages to Potty Training
- Toilet Training Intensive Instructions
- Toilet Training Data Sheet - Intensive
- Five Key Potty Mistakes