Jefferson Preschool Program
District 64's preschool program is located at Jefferson School, 8200 Greendale Ave, Niles. Similar to classrooms across District 64, students of all abilities are welcome and classrooms are designed to meet the educational and social needs of a range of ability levels and needs.
- Proof of residency - only District 64 residents and children of District 64 employees are eligible.
- Children must be completely toilet trained (i.e. no pull ups).
- New applicants will be scheduled for a developmental screening prior to the child starting. Parents will be contacted by a member of the diagnostic team to schedule the screening.
- In addition to the completed registration form and proof of residency, a copy of the original birth certificate and immunization records are required.
Three year olds
3 days per week
Monday and Friday
8:50 - 11:25 AM
8:50 - 11:00 AM
Four year olds
4 days (M,T,Th, F) or
5 days per week
Mon.,Tues.,Thurs. & Fri.
12:25 - 3:00 PM
12:00 - 2:10 PM
- 3 days per week - $24/day
- 4 days per week - $23/day
- 5 days per week - $22/day
- Creative Curriculum, which is a research-based and developmentally appropriate curriculum that is aligned to the Illinois Early Learning and Development Standards.
- Research-based curriculum helps children gain the range of skills they need to be successful in kindergarten.
- Students dive deeply into topics of interest through monthly units of study.
- Play-based environment supports children in developing their language, pre-academic, play, learn-to-learn, motor, and social and emotional skills.
- Children are encouraged to become independent through developing their self-help and self-regulation skills.
- Music, art, and physical education/movement are featured daily.
- Teachers conduct ongoing assessments to monitor student progress.
- Teachers are highly qualified with certification in early childhood, special education and teaching children learning English.
- In addition to the teacher, there are specialists (speech pathologist, occupational therapist, physical therapist, and social worker) providing instruction and support in every classroom.
- Small class sizes (15 students) with a low student to teacher ratio (1 adult per 5 children at a minimum).
- Technology-rich environment with iPads, SMART Boards, and SMART Table activities integrated into the curriculum.
- Special activities scheduled on a monthly basis include Dog Therapy, yoga, and Library Lady.
- Monthly parent education workshops are offered that relate to different aspects of child development. Previous topics include: play with purpose, vocabulary development, stress reduction, summer activities, and community resources.
Jefferson follows the District 64 calendar for holidays and vacations.