Below are the instructions on how to enroll your child:
These steps are for all students. This includes preschool and kindergarten. We made a few improvements to the registration process this year, and we’re implementing a June 1st deadline. So, if you’re planning on sending your child to a District 64 school for the 2023-2024 school year, make sure you register before the deadline of June 1st, 2023. For any families who do not register by this date, you’ll receive a records release as we’re assuming you’re going to another district. You can read more about the June 1st deadline here.
For students who are ALREADY AT SCHOOLS IN DISTRICT 64, SKIP TO STEP 3. Parents and guardians of students NEW to District 64 should complete the online registration form for the 2023-2024 school year at this link, opening “Enrollment Express.” Here you will fill out basic information about yourself and the student.
For information related to school boundaries, please consult the online map of school attendance zones.
- Within 3-5 days after submitting, you will receive an email link to the Parent Portal and the necessary information to create your account and link it to your student.
Step 3 - Start Here If You Are A Current D64 Student
- Log into your parent portal account and click "FORMS" on the left hand side. Then click enrollment. Complete the Registration 2023-2024 forms. You may be asked to upload necessary documents, among them being proof of your residency within District 64. Acceptable documents are listed in the form or see a list of acceptable residency documents here.
Your registration is not considered final until it has been reviewed by District 64 staff. You will receive a separate email confirmation once your registration has been approved. If anything is incomplete, someone from the District will contact you with further information. If you have any questions or need further assistance with enrollment, please contact your school office.
During the summer, when school is not in session, call these numbers regarding enrollment questions:
Preschool and elementary school questions during the summer can be directed to the District office at 847-318-4300.
Middle school questions during the summer can be directed to the Emerson and Lincoln offices.
Emerson - 847-318-8110
Lincoln - 847-318-4215
- As an improvement to the registration process, we no longer require fee payment at the same time as enrollment. Within 24 hours of completing registration, you will receive a notification from MySchoolBucks that your student fee payment invoice is ready. To pay fees, please login to your Powerschool Parent Portal Account. On the left-hand side of the first page after login you will see a MySchoolBucks link - this will be the link where you will go to pay your student fees. As an improvement to the registration process, we no longer require fee payment at the same time as enrollment. We encourage families to pay their student fees as soon as possible and would like payments in by September 1st.
- In order that no student is denied educational services due to the inability of parents or guardians to pay, the District waives fees for students who meet certain eligibility criteria. Basically, a student is eligible if the family's income is below the levels established by the Federal government.
Age Appropriate Placement
- It is District 64’s practice to place students age-appropriately at each grade level upon enrollment. If you have a preschooler at home, please keep the following in mind regarding enrollment in District 64 for the 2023-24 school year:
Students who will turn six before June 1, 2023, will be placed age-appropriately in first grade upon registration, regardless of prior enrollment in kindergarten.
Students who turn six after June 1, 2023, and are not currently enrolled in District 64 may elect to enter kindergarten or first grade for the 2023-24 school year.
The District has adopted a policy for accelerated placement and early entrance procedures. In these cases, a student may be placed at a higher grade level. More information about this may be found on the District 64 website.
We made a few improvements to the registration process this year, and we’re implementing a June 1st deadline.
So, if you’re planning on sending your child to a District 64 school for the 2023-2024 school year, make sure you register before the deadline of June 1st, 2023. For any families who do not register by this date, you’ll receive a records release as we’re assuming you’re going to another district.
Why are we making this change? As a District, we often look at different processes and how to improve. One thing we noted was that a large number of families were waiting until the last minute to register their children. This delay makes our back-to-school planning efforts extremely difficult.
For example, if we were to look at last year, we could see that only 67% of families had registered by June 1st, meaning that the District and all of our schools were still waiting for 33% of people to register for the 2022-2023 school year.
Why is this so important? The new registration deadline was put into place because we need your help. When families wait to register, it delays our plan for staffing throughout the District, classroom arrangements, and the materials needed for the school year. The earlier we have enrollment numbers, the better we can calculate these areas - which helps us have a successful school year and help our students in the best ways possible.
What happens after June 1st? Here’s what you need to know if you do miss the deadline and want your child to go to school in District 64. You will need to complete a few items to enroll:
- Prove residency, even if you were previously cleared
- Provide a birth certificate of the child registering
Lack of information on who is returning not only creates problems in the classroom but there may also be issues with transportation routing.
As an improvement to the registration process, we no longer require fee payment at the same time as enrollment. We encourage families to pay their student fees as soon as possible and would like payments in by September 1st.
We realize that the June 1st deadline is a significant change, and we appreciate the community’s help to ensure we accurately plan for the upcoming year. Thank you for your understanding and support.
Please click here for the Home Language Survey in English that all new students registering for District 64 are required by state law to complete. Please visit the English Learner Department page to learn more.
If you need the Home Language Survey in a different language, please see below or contact your school office.
Please click here for the Interscholastic Athletic Physical/Permission Packet. In the packet, you will find the requirements for your child's participation in extracurricular activities.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.