2020 Vision Strategic Plan
District 64's 2020 Vision Strategic Plan was adopted by the Board of Education on June 22, 2015. It was created through a community-informed planning process. Read more about the process on this companion page. The plan identifies the most important challenges District 64 will need to address in the next five years, and how the District will go about meeting them.
Year Two Implementation 2016-17
A mid-year written update on Year Two implementation from Superintendent Laurie Heinz was included in the February 21, 2017 Board meeting report. Due to the lateness of the hour, the report was not discussed by the Board at that time.
A year-end report will be delivered in late summer. The balanced scorecard tracking implementation during 2016-17 on each specific measure for all six objectives will also be available on the Balance Scorecard webpage at that time.
Year One Implementation 2015-16
- Superintendent Laurie Heinz presented the first mid-year update on Year One implementation at the January 26, 2016 Board meeting.
- Dr. Heinz presented the first summary report on Year One at the June 27, 2016 Board meeting.
- A balanced scorecard tracks implementation on each specific measure for all six objectives. The scorecard for 2015-16 was reviewed by the Board of Education on August 8, 2016, and is available on the Balanced Scorecard webpage.
Or, view the following key elements:
- District Mission and Vision
- Strategy Map
- Strategic Objective One: Develop Students Who Master the 4 C's - Communication, Collaboration, Creativity, and Critical Thinking (View Podcast)
- Strategic Objective Two: Provide a Rigorous Education for All Students (View Podcast)
- Strategic Objective Three: Differentiate to Meet the Academic and Social/Emotional Health Needs of All Students (View Podcast)
- Strategic Objective Four: Foster Effective Communities of Practice Through Professional Development and Staff Support (View Podcast)
- Strategic Objective Five: Provide Safe and Secure Learning Spaces to Support 21st Century Learners (View Podcast)
- Strategic Objective Six: Maintain Fiscal Responsibility that Reflects a Commitment to Student Learning and a Rich Variety of Programs and Services (View Podcast)