2020 Vision Strategic Plan
District 64 has created a new 2020 Vision Strategic Plan through a community-informed planning process. Read more about the process on this companion page. The plan identifies the most important challenges District 64 will need to address in the next five years, and how the District will go about meeting them.
The plan was adopted by the Board of Education on June 22, 2015.
Year Two Implementation 2016-17
A mid-year written update on Year Two implementation from Superintendent Laurie Heinz was included in the February 21, 2017 Board meeting report. Due to the lateness of the hour, the report was not discussed by the Board at that time.
Year One Implementation 2015-16
- Superintendent Laurie Heinz presented the first mid-year update on Year One implementation at the January 26, 2016 Board meeting.
- Dr. Heinz presented the first summary report on Year One at the June 27, 2016 Board meeting.
- New! The balanced scorecard tracking 2015-16 implementation was reviewed by the Board of Education on August 8, 2016; the final version is available here.
- Download a complete copy of the full plan here.
- Download a short brochure with the highlights here.
Or, view the following key elements:
- District Mission and Vision
- Strategic Objective One: Develop Students Who Master the 4 C's - Communication, Collaboration, Creativity, and Critical Thinking (View Podcast)
- Strategic Objective Two: Provide a Rigorous Education for All Students (View Podcast)
- Strategic Objective Three: Differentiate to Meet the Academic and Social/Emotional Health Needs of All Students (View Podcast)
- Strategic Objective Four: Foster Effective Communities of Practice Through Professional Development and Staff Support (View Podcast)
- Strategic Objective Five: Provide Safe and Secure Learning Spaces to Support 21st Century Learners (View Podcast)
- Strategic Objective Six: Maintain Fiscal Responsibility that Reflects a Commitment to Student Learning and a Rich Variety of Programs and Services (View Podcast)
- Strategy Map
The Strategic Plan provides the Board of Education, administration and both professional and support staff direction over an extended period of time to organize expertise, develop systems, and allocate resources to achieve the District’s mission.
It also includes the basic measures (key performance indicators) in a balanced scorecard that will be used to assess progress from 2015-16 through 2019-20. The success of District 64 is defined when looking across multiple measures in this new tool. The scorecard will help us monitor and report progress toward goals to the Board of Education and larger District 64 community. Goals that are well written and monitored will help clarify our work and allow us to know when we have met our targets.
Scorecards for each year of implementation:
- New! Year One - 2015-16 Scorecard
- Year Two - 2016-17
- Year Three - 2017-18
- Year Four - 2018-19
- Year Five - 2019-20