Communications activities are designed to build support for District 64's educational mission by facilitating effective dialogue with all members of the community.
Outreach efforts are wide-ranging, and include electronic and print publications, social media, as well as a host of community liaison activities. A sampling of activities includes:
- "eNews" periodic email newsletter (subscribe here)
- Award-winning annual Student-Parent Handbook
- Annual Financial Report e-publication
- Printed Annual Report to the community
- Emails, news releases and timely updates about District 64 and our schools
- Liaison to school PTO/A groups, Traffic Safety Committee, Superintendent Community Relations Council, Superintendent Focus Group on Social Emotional Learning, and other groups
- Senior Tax Exchange Program for retired residents 55+ who work to support students and teachers at our schools
- An exciting and user-friendly website to showcase schools and provide information about the District
- Twitter @D64News @DrLaurieHeinz #engageD64
- Facebook fan pages for the District and each school individually
- Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests
- Video podcasts and presentations
The Communications Department also oversees the Senior Tax Exchange Program for local taxpayers age 55 and above.