The next District 64 Science Olympiad for students in Grades 3, 4 & 5 will occur on Saturday, February 3, 2018
The 2017 Olympiad Was a Great Success!
Emerson Middle School on Saturday, February 4, 2017
@ 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
What is the Science Olympiad? It is a morning filled with science and engineering challenges in an Olympic-type format. With the assistance of their parents, students in grades 3-5 work in teams to represent their schools. "Winning teams" receive first, second, or third place medals. All students receive a special Science Olympiad certificate and souvenir. In 2018, the Olympiad site will be Emerson Middle School, 8101 N. Cumberland Ave., Niles, on February 3, 2018, 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
2017 Olympiad News and Information
Thank you for participating in this year's Science Olympiad. See announcements below for more information.
Coaches and Students! Watch short video clips about each of the five Science Olympiad events:
- Registration is now closed. Parents of all third, fourth, and fifth grade students received a SchoolMessenger email to inform them of the registration period, which opened the week of Monday, October 17, 2016 and ended on Tuesday, November 15, 2016 (note the extended deadline).
- A background check fingerprinting process is required for parents who wish to coach a team. Any parent who completed the fingerprinting process in August of 2014 or later will not need to repeat that process this year.
- Fingerprinting can be done on a walk-in basis, Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 4:15 p.m. at the School District 64 Educational Service Center, 164 S. Prospect Ave., Park Ridge. Please do so by Friday, December 2. Walk-in days and hours are Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 4:15 p.m. After that date, we have no guarantee that the process will be completed on time.
- We expects teams to be finalized before the winter recess. Coaches who have received their clearances may then contact team members to schedule individual team practices. Detailed guidelines to assist you are available for each event here.
- District 64 provides practice materials to Mystery Box teams. The Mystery Box coordinators from Field School will be in touch with teams to arrange for pick up of these materials.
- District 64 provides practice materials to Structures teams. The Structures event coordinator from Roosevelt School will be in touch to arrange for pick up of these materials.