The next District 64 Science Olympiad for students in Grades 3, 4 & 5 will occur on Saturday, February 2, 2019, 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. at Emerson Middle School.
WATCH HERE FOR REGISTRATION FOR THE 2019 SCIENCE OLYMPIAD.
Questions about your registration? Contact email@example.com.
What is the Science Olympiad? It is a morning filled with science and engineering challenges in an Olympic-type format. With the assistance of their parents, students in grades 3-5 work in teams to represent their schools. "Winning teams" receive first, second, or third place medals. All students receive a special Science Olympiad certificate and souvenir. In 2019, the Olympiad site will be Emerson Middle School, 8101 N. Cumberland Ave., Niles, on Saturday, February 2, 2019, 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
2019 Olympiad News and Information
Registration for the 2019 Science Olympiad will be available via the link below. Watch for announcements below for more information.
REGISTER NOW USING THIS LINK for this Year's Science Olympiad.
Half of all parents coach their child's team in the Olympiad. If you are interested in coaching, there is a brief background check process (with fingerprinting) you will have to complete. You may do this on a walk-in basis at the District 64 Educational Service Center, 164 S. Prospect Ave., Park Ridge, 7:30 a.m. - 4:15 p.m., Monday - Friday, except holidays.
Parents and Students! Watch short video clips about each of the five Science Olympiad events:
- Registration is now open. Registration will close on Friday, November 10.
- A background check fingerprinting process is required for parents who wish to coach a team. Any parent who completed the District 64 fingerprinting process in August of 2015 or later will not need to repeat that process this year.
- Fingerprinting can be done on a walk-in basis, Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 4:15 p.m. at the School District 64 Educational Service Center, 164 S. Prospect Ave., Park Ridge. Please do so as soon as possible to avoid processing delays during the holidays. Walk-in days and hours are Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
- We expects teams to be finalized before the winter recess. Coaches who have received their clearances may then contact team members to schedule individual team practices. Detailed guidelines to assist you are available for each event here.
- District 64 provides practice materials to Mystery Box teams. The Mystery Box coordinators from Field School will be in touch with teams to arrange for pick up of these materials.
- District 64 provides practice materials to Structures teams. The Structures event coordinator from Roosevelt School will be in touch to arrange for pick up of these materials.