History of Franklin School
Franklin School was built in 1956. There was an addition put on in 1991 and at that time there was a noise abatement done that supported us with air conditioning and relief from the noise from the airplane traffic overhead.
Franklin has had many updates over the years and most recently we have had new heating and air installed as an upgrade to the systems installed during the 1991 noise abatement. Franklin was one of many smaller neighborhood schools in our district. As the population of students shifted over the years some of the schools closed. Eventually the student population grew and schools like Franklin and others had additions and improvements to accommodate the larger numbers of students.