Bus transportation route information for students eligible to ride for free will be distributed via email prior to the start of school.
Free bus transportation is available for students (grades K-8) if they live 1.5 miles or more from school or who live in an area that is declared to be hazardous by the Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT).
- For new students, please contact Dru Sabres, Transportation Assistant/Business Operations Specialist, at 847-318-4325 or via email at email@example.com to determine your student's eligibility for services. Please include the student's name, school, and home address in your message.
- Returning students eligible to ride for free were asked to indicate in the annual Infosnap/PowerSchool registration in the spring whether they intended to ride the bus for the coming school year.
Paid bus service is offered for students, if space is available, for those who live between 0.5 miles - 1.5 miles away from school. Paid riders must use an existing bus stop; no new stops will be added. The cost for paid transportation is $510.00 per student for a full year.
Questions about billing? Please contact District 64 Comptroller Larry Ohannes at 847-318-4322 or reach him by e-mail.
Zonar MyView App
We are excited to start offering a way for families to securely track the exact bus location to monitor where their child is during the morning pickup and afternoon bus drop-offs. This software is currently being piloted and is only available for bus riders at Field, Carpenter, Emerson, and Lincoln. The program started with a test run in October for the Field and Lincoln families, and in early 2024, we expanded it to include Carpenter and Emerson.
We ask that once families download and use the app, they fill out this feedback survey so that the District Office can monitor how the app rollout is going.
If you need help finding your child’s bus information - this document shows you where you can find it in the Parent Portal.
- Elementary school bus routes are scheduled to start at approximately 8:20 a.m. and leave schools at 3:40 p.m. On Wednesdays, buses will leave at 2:50 p.m.
- Middle school routes are scheduled to start at approximately 7:30 a.m. and leave schools at 3:10 p.m. On Wednesdays, buses will leave at 2:20 p.m.
- Rules for student behavior may be found within Chapter 3 "Travel To & From School" within the District 64 Student-Parent Handbook.
- As part of our efforts to safeguard students, bus routes are not posted to the website. Routes are available at school offices or the District Office. Parents receive their student's bus number and estimated time the bus will arrive at their stop.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.