News for the Week of Sept. 5, 2016
Dear Franklin Families:
Mon, Sept. 5
Tues, Sept. 6
Wed, Sept. 7
Thurs, Sept. 8
Fri, Sept. 9
6:30 -8:00p.m. Franklin Fit Night in gym
6 p.m. Room Parent Meeting in LRC
7 p.m. PTA meeting in LRC
We had an awesome all school assembly on this past Wednesday. The Maine East marching band came to Franklin to celebrate how well our students are doing at following our school wide behavioral expectations and to kick off our school year. Our school wide focus for the month of September will be “Ready to Learn.” Our first bell rings at 8:45 a.m. Students should be in their classrooms and ready to learn at 8:50 a.m. Mrs. Schuetz, Mrs. Majeski, and Mr. Rasmussen’s class won the “Golden Guitars” for earning the most golden Franklin Rocks slips for exhibiting excellent hallway behavior during August. Check out our pictures on Twitter @FranklinD64
Safety Week will begin the week of Sept. 12th. Franklin students and staff will participate in state required safety drills: bus evacuation drill, fire drill, tornado drill, and lockdown drill. The state requires that all schools participate in safety drills to ensure all staff and students know what to do in the event of an emergency.
Picture Day will be Sept. 15th.
Make sure you follow Franklin on Twitter @FranklinD64
PTA Reminders: Pizza, Chess Club, 1st PTA Meeting
First Pizza Block ordering is now OPEN until Monday, September 12. No late orders will be accepted after this date!
What is a Pizza Block?
- PTA offers Pizza for lunch as a fundraiser on Mondays during a period of time (aka a block).
- 1st Block = Each Monday from 9/19 until 12/19 (order deadline 9/12)
- We will have 3 blocks throughout the school year.
How much is Pizza?
- Each meal is just $2.00 which includes one slice of pizza + fresh fruit/veggie ($1.50 for each additional slice of pizza)
- Planned vacations or absences will not be prorated. You must pay for the full block to participate.
How do I order?
- Order via your MySchoolAnywhere account under "Our Store" now through 9/12. LATE ORDERS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- If you have not joined PTA yet and thus do not have a MySchoolAnywhere login, you can use this link to order: https://www.myschoolanywhere.com/cart-new.a5w?cart=FranklinElementarySchool69326
More questions? Please visit the "Lunch Info" section on our website: www.franklinpta.com
Chess Club registration is now OPEN for all grades! PTA partners with a professional organization (Chess-Ed) to offer lessons during lunchtime to our students.
Visit http://www.franklinpta.com/chess-club.html for more details
What's NEW with Chess club this year?
- 3 sessions of 10 classes are now offered instead of 4 sessions of 8 classes
- Price per session increased by $2, but is still far less than standard fees.
- First session runs 9/21 - 11/30
- Ordering is now ONLINE! We encourage you register and pay online (see website for details) but checks will still be accepted in the office.
Wondering what the PTA is all about? Come join us for our first meeting on Sept 8th at 7pm in the school library!
NEW this year!
- Room Parent Kick-Off meeting will be before this first PTA meeting at 6pm, also in the LRC. (Want to sign up as a room parent? Go to "Sign-Ups" in MySchoolAnywhere)
- Child care available! We know many of you would love to join us but can't get a sitter. Bring the kiddos if needed! More details here: http://www.franklinpta.com/pta-meetings.html
- Parent Social at Holts! We're headed to Holt's after this first meeting and would love for you to join us (sitters not provided for this piece).
P.S. If you haven't joined PTA yet, please consider doing so! It does NOT obligate you to anything, you'll get access to the online directory and private FB group, and make great friends!
QUESTIONS? Email us at email@example.com