Carpenter School will have the distinction of hosting the first D64 Board of Education meeting at our neighborhood schools for the 2019-20 school year.
Continuing a longstanding tradition, the Board rotates its meeting locations to visit all eight schools each school year and connect with the community in-person. The on-site meetings make it convenient for parents and local residents to attend, and also allow the Board to view recent facility updates or better understand each building's needs. School principals brief the Board at the start of the meeting about learning initiatives and other points of pride; students often participate by leading the Pledge of Allegiance.
The Board will meet at Carpenter (north gym), 300 N. Hamlin, on Monday, September 23 for its regular monthly meeting beginning at 7:00 p.m.. Other official annual visits to neighborhood schools will be held on:
- Franklin School, 2401 Manor Lane – October 28, 2019
- Lincoln Middle School, 200 S. Lincoln – November 11, 2019
- Field School, 707 N. Wisner – December 16, 2019
- Jefferson School, 8200 N. Greendale, Niles – Tuesday, February 18, 2020
- Washington School, 1500 Stewart – March 16, 2020
- Roosevelt School, 1001 S. Fairview, Park Ridge – April 20, 2020
- Emerson Middle School, 8101 N. Cumberland, Niles – May 18, 2020
For those unable to attend in person, District 64 offers full-length videos of all Board meetings. Each video is posted to the Board meetings webpage and includes a handy counter to pinpoint discussion on any agenda item. The District 64 eNews alerts subscribers when the videos have been posted.
News briefs with highlights of each Board meeting also are available here.
D64 invites all community residents to watch your school board in action -- in person or via video -- when they meet in your neighborhood this year!