Superintendent Search 2018-19
NEWS RELEASE January 15, 2019 - Board of Education invites input on search through online survey and community forums
A first step in the search process is to create a New Superintendent Profile using information gathered from focus groups and from an online survey. The profile will guide the Board in the selection process.
All members of the community are invited to participate:
- Complete School Exec Connect's online survey at this link. The survey will remain open through January 31, 2019. It should take about 10 minutes to complete. All responses are anonymous and confidential.
- In addition to the survey, if you would like to provide input in person on the District’s strengths and challenges and the characteristics the next superintendent should possess, School Exec Connect consultants invite you to attend one of these public forums open to all staff, parents and community members from 7:00 - 7:45 p.m.:
- Tuesday, January 29 at Roosevelt Elementary School (auditorium), 1001 S. Fairview, Park Ridge.
- Wednesday, January 30 at Lincoln Middle School (Learning Resource Center), 200 S. Lincoln, Park Ridge.
School Exec Connect will present its findings from the survey and focus group conversations to the Board at a special meeting on Monday, February 11 at 6:00 p.m. at Jefferson School, 8200 N. Greendale, Niles. This meeting will be videotaped as usual.
As the Board moves forward, a Stakeholder/Confidential Committee will be established to interview the final candidates, and share their feedback with the Board. The Board plans that those involved in the search will hold candidate names confidential throughout the process. More information on how to be considered for participation on this committee will be provided in coming weeks.
January 14, 2019
The Board of Education conducted a special meeting with its selected search firm -- School Exec Connect -- to plan the search process and timeline. Read the meeting summary here.
January 7, 2019
The Board of Education conducted a special meeting to interview two executive search firms: BWP & Associates and School Exec Connect. The Board then selected School Exec Connect to assist the Board through the Superintendent search process.
December 18, 2018
The Board of Education met to begin planning the Board's search on how to proceed with filling the position of Superintendent. At the meeting, the Board:
- Reviewed background information about executive search firms, the steps within a superintendent search, and potential timelines.
- Reached consensus to interview representatives from the two search firms most active in this area at a special Board meeting on Monday, January 7, 2019. The Board intends to take action to select one of the firms at that meeting.
- Agreed to schedule a special Board meeting on Monday, January 14, 2019 to meet with the selected firm to begin the detailed planning process.
- Both of these meetings will be open meetings and will be videotaped.
December 12, 2018
NEWS RELEASE: Superintendent Laurie Heinz announces that she will resign at the end of the 2018-19 school year to head Palatine District 15