The D64 Board of Education is seeking interested parents and community members to serve on a Stakeholder/Confidential Committee to interview finalists for D64 Superintendent as the search process concludes in coming weeks.
The Board has reserved five slots for parents and two for community members on an expanded 17-member committee, as agreed at its February 11, 2019 meeting.
Two finalists for Superintendent will be interviewed individually on Monday, March 11, 2019 and Tuesday, March 12, 2019. The Stakeholder/Confidential Committee will interview one candidate from 4:00 - 5:15 p.m. each day, and provide written feedback to the Board of Education before it conducts its own final interviews. The interviews will be conducted in closed session. All committee members will be required to sign a confidentiality agreement before their participation.
The Board has instructed its search consultants from School Exec Connect to conduct a lottery to select these seven parents and community members from among all those who apply and meet the Board's criteria. The application will be available online through Sunday, February 24, 2019.
The five parent members will include:
- a parent of a current grades preK-5 student in D64
- a parent of a current grades 6-8 student in D64
- a parent of a current grades preK-5 student in D64 with an Individualized Education Program (IEP)
- a parent of a current grades 6-8 student in D64 with an IEP
- a parent of a current D64 student in the Channels of Challenge program
The two community members must not currently have a student enrolled in D64 or be employed by D64. All seven members must have been a resident of D64 for at least one year.
Interested individuals may apply in all categories for which they qualify. Parents may submit applications for each child in D64.
Other members of the Stakeholder/Confidential Committee will include:
- Representative of PREA (Park Ridge Education Association)
- Representative of PRTAA (Park Ridge Teacher Assistant Association)
- Representative of SSC (Support Staff Council)
- Representative of school PTO/As
- Representative of D64 Elementary Learning Foundation (ELF)
- 3 D64 senior administrators consisting of the two Assistant Superintendents and the Chief School Business Official
- 2 principals consisting of one K-5 building and one 6-8 building administrator
The Board further agreed that candidates for election to the D64 Board of Education on April 2 would be observers only on this Stakeholder/Confidential Committee.