Please see the instructions below to get started.
What is my school?
- For information related to school boundaries, please consult the online map of school attendance zones or stop by the District office at 164 S. Prospect Ave., Park Ridge, to view a full-size map.
- Get further school information here.
How do I get started to register?
PLEASE READ: The New Registration process has opened for the 2021-22 school year. New Registration is for preschool and kindergarten students and new/transferring students of all grades in District 64. If your student is transferring into District 64 to finish out the current 2020-21 school year follow these instructions and then, when filling out the Student Information Section, please choose to register for the current 2020-21 school year.
Step 1: Parents and guardians of new students, preschool and kindergarten should complete the online New Registration form at this link, opening “Enrollment Express.” [NOTE: Internet Explorer is an unsupported browser; if you have trouble, please switch to Chrome.] Here you will fill out basic information about yourself and the student. As part of the Student Information Section, you must choose to register for either the current 2020-21 school year or the coming school year (2021-22). (Parents of students currently attending preschool at Jefferson or receiving services at Jefferson, skip to step 3. If you have a second child entering District 64 for the first time, go to step 2 for the new student.)
Step 2: Within 3-5 days after submitting, you will receive an email with a link to the Parent Portal and the necessary information to create your account and link it to your student.
Step 3: Log into your parent portal account and click "FORMS" on the left hand side. Then click enrollment. Complete the Registration 2021-2022 forms. You may be asked to upload necessary documents, among them being proof of your residency within District 64. Acceptable documents are listed in the form or see a list of acceptable residency documents here. You must also provide a certified copy of your child's birth certificate. Scanned copies are accepted as an alternative to providing it in person at the school office or the District 64 Educational Service Center. Due to COVID-19 school buildings are closed to all but students and staff at this time.
Step 4: Your registration is not considered final until it has been reviewed by District 64 staff. You will receive a separate email confirmation once your registration has been approved. If anything is incomplete, someone from the District will contact you with further information. If you have any questions or need further assistance about enrollment, please contact your school office. During the summer when school is not in session, you can call the District office at 847-318-4300.
Fees/Payment: Registration fee payments will be collected through MySchoolBucks. Within 24 hours of completing registration you will receive notification from MySchoolBucks that your student fee payment invoice is ready. To pay fees, please login to your Powerschool Parent Portal Account. On the left hand side of the first page after login you will see a MySchoolBucks link. Please go to this link to pay your student fees. Fees are due by October 1, 2021.
Information for Kindergarten/1st Graders new to District 64 in 2021-22
- To register for kindergarten in 2021-22, a child must be five years old on or before September 1, 2021.
- Early Entrance to Kindergarten or First-Graders new to District 64 - For information about the requirements and procedures, please visit the Acclerated Placement and Early Entrance Procedures webpage.
- Looking for enrichment options for your kindergarten student? Those registering kindergarten students will be given a choice of AM/PM sessions and Extended Day Kindergarten options. Selection for the EDK will be made via a lottery process. Those who have registered by March 10 will be eligible for the lottery. Families will be notified of the lottery results by 4 p.m. on March 11.
- Kindergarten Roundup Evenings will be presented online by all five District 64 elementary schools: Carpenter, Field, Franklin, Roosevelt and Washington. More information will be coming soon to your school's website.
Please click here for the Home Language Survey in English that all new students registering for District 64 are required by state law to complete. Please visit the English Learner Department page to learn more.
If you need the Home Language Survey in a different language, please see below or contact your school office.