This section is intended to provide information to families registering their students for the 2019-20 school year, who are new to District 64 schools.
Please see the instructions below to get started.
What is my school?
- For information related to school boundaries, please consult the online map of school attendance zones or stop by the District office at 164 S. Prospect Ave., Park Ridge, to view a full-size map.
- Get further school information here.
How do I get started to register?
Step 1: Beginning February 4, 2019, complete the online pre-enrollment form at this link. You will be asked to upload documents that prove your residency within District 64. Acceptable documents are listed in the form or see a list of acceptable residency documents here.
Step 2: You must provide a certified copy of your child's birth certificate in person at the school office. Or during the summer, please submit to the District 64 Educational Service Center. To register for kindergarten in 2019-20, a child must be five years old on or before September 1, 2019.
Step 3: Once your documents have been accepted, you will be emailed a letter in late April with information to set up your Parent Portal access in PowerSchool for each child to provide additional emergency information, review required permissions, see health requirements, and pay required student fees for 2019-20. You must finish this final step of the registration process as soon as possible for enrollment to be considered complete. See the links above for access to the Parent Portal.
Information especially for Kindergarten/1st Grade 2019-20
- Early Entrance to Kindergarten or First Grade for 2019-20 - For information about the requirements and procedures, please visit the Acclerated Placement and Early Entrance Procedures webpage.
- Looking for enrichment options for your kindergarten student? Information about enrichment options for students entering kindergarten in 2019-20 is available here.
- Kindergarten Roundup Evenings will be conducted at the five elementary schools the week of April 8, 2019:
- Carpenter School - Monday, April 8, 2019: 5:30 - 7 p.m. (5:30 - 6 p.m. office only; 6:00 presentation)
- Field School - Wednesday, April 10, 2019: 5:30 - 7 p.m. (5:30 - 6 p.m. office only; 6:00 presentation)
- Franklin School - Wednesday, April 10, 2019: 5:30 p.m. office only; 6 - 7 p.m. event
- Roosevelt School - Thursday, April 11, 2019: 5:30 - 7 p.m. (5:30 - 6 p.m. office only; 6:00 presentation)
- Washington School - Monday, April 8, 2019: 5:30 - 7 p.m. (5:30 - 6 p.m. office only; 6:00 presentation)
Registration for students returning for the 2019-20 school year will open on Monday, April 22.
Please note that students will not be placed on a core/classroom list for 2019-20 until the PowerSchool/Infosnap registration has been completed and approved by the District.
Here are the highlights of registration:
- On Monday, April 22, 2019 returning families will receive an email to announce that registration is open for the 2019-20 school year. Families will receive one email for each child enrolled in District 64.
- Residency pre-screening will reduce document uploads. District 64 will again use a a security tool called Clear Batchcess for residency verification that will screen all returning families. Clear Batch will identify which families will need to provide residency paperwork as part of the PowerSchool/Infosnap registration. Acceptable documents are listed in the form or see a list of acceptable residency documents here.In addition, families with leases that expire prior to the start of the new school year will still be required to provide a new lease in order to complete the registration process. Documents can be scanned (PDF file) or you may upload a picture (JPG file) from your phone. If you are unable to upload your documents into PowerSchool/Infosnap, you may still provide print copies to the school office. Please note that D64 will review all submitted information and may further investigate a student's residency before registration is considered complete.
- A deferred payment option is available. District 64 is again offering all parents/guardians the option of deferring payment on student fees until the start of the school year. Families that select this option will be invoiced via PayPal on August 31, 2019, and will have 30 days to pay. We hope this will help families complete registration earlier, so that D64 can better plan for the upcoming school year.
Timely registration will allow principals to fully staff their buildings, so we ask that you do not delay in registering your children. If you do not plan to return to District 64, please let the school know.
Thank you for your cooperation as we look forward to the upcoming school year!