Please see the instructions below to get started.
What is my school?
- For information related to school boundaries, please consult the online map of school attendance zones or stop by the District office at 164 S. Prospect Ave., Park Ridge, to view a full-size map.
- Get further school information here.
How do I get started to register?
PLEASE READ: The New Registration process has opened for the 2021-22 school year. New Registration is for preschool and kindergarten students and new/transferring students of all grades in District 64. If your student is transferring into District 64 to finish out the current 2020-21 school year follow these instructions and then, when filling out the Student Information Section, please choose to register for the current 2020-21 school year.
Step 1: Parents and guardians of new students, preschool and kindergarten should complete the online New Registration form at this link, opening “Enrollment Express.” [NOTE: Internet Explorer is an unsupported browser; if you have trouble, please switch to Chrome.] Here you will fill out basic information about yourself and the student. As part of the Student Information Section, you must choose to register for either the current 2020-21 school year or the coming school year (2021-22). (Parents of students currently attending preschool at Jefferson or receiving services at Jefferson, skip to step 3. If you have a second child entering District 64 for the first time, go to step 2 for the new student.)
Step 2: Within 3-5 days after submitting, you will receive an email with a link to the Parent Portal and the necessary information to create your account and link it to your student.
Step 3: Log into your parent portal account and click "FORMS" on the left hand side. Then click enrollment. Complete the Registration 2021-2022 forms. You may be asked to upload necessary documents, among them being proof of your residency within District 64. Acceptable documents are listed in the form or see a list of acceptable residency documents here. You must also provide a certified copy of your child's birth certificate. Scanned copies are accepted as an alternative to providing it in person at the school office or the District 64 Educational Service Center. Due to COVID-19 school buildings are closed to all but students and staff at this time.
Step 4: Your registration is not considered final until it has been reviewed by District 64 staff. You will receive a separate email confirmation once your registration has been approved. If anything is incomplete, someone from the District will contact you with further information. If you have any questions or need further assistance about enrollment, please contact your school office. During the summer when school is not in session, you can call the District office at 847-318-4300.
Fees/Payment: Registration fee payments will be collected through MySchoolBucks. Within 24 hours of completing registration you will receive notification from MySchoolBucks that your student fee payment invoice is ready. To pay fees, please login to your Powerschool Parent Portal Account. On the left hand side of the first page after login you will see a MySchoolBucks link. Please go to this link to pay your student fees. Fees are due by October 1, 2021.
Information for Kindergarten/1st Graders new to District 64 in 2021-22
- To register for kindergarten in 2021-22, a child must be five years old on or before September 1, 2021.
- Early Entrance to Kindergarten or First-Graders new to District 64 - For information about the requirements and procedures, please visit the Acclerated Placement and Early Entrance Procedures webpage.
- Looking for enrichment options for your kindergarten student? Those registering kindergarten students will be given a choice of AM/PM sessions and Extended Day Kindergarten options. Selection for the EDK will be made via a lottery process. Those who have registered by March 10 will be eligible for the lottery. Families will be notified of the lottery results by 4 p.m. on March 11.
- Kindergarten Roundup Evenings will be presented online by all five District 64 elementary schools: Carpenter, Field, Franklin, Roosevelt and Washington. More information will be coming soon to your school's website.
Registration for students returning for the 2021-22 school year will open on TUESDAY, APRIL 20.
If you wish to register a student for the current 2020-21 school year, click on 2021-22 NEW REGISTRATION above (you will be given an option for registering for the current school year) or contact the school by phone or email. If you aren't sure which school to contact, please email our Public Information Coordinator.
Please note that students will not be placed on a core/classroom list for 2021-22 until the registration has been completed and approved by the District.
The Registration Process:
1. Sign In: Visit the PowerSchool Parent Portal to complete registration. If you are unable to sign in or forgot your password, contact your school secretary.
2. Registration Forms: Sign in to the portal and on the left side menu, click on Forms. You will see School Form Listing for (Student Name). Click on the Enrollment tab.
3. Complete the Forms: Once you are in the Enrollment tab, click on the form links to begin filling in the requested information for each form.
4. Residency documents: Some returning students may be asked to upload documents that prove your residency within District 64. Acceptable documents are listed in the form or see a list of acceptable residency documents here. In addition, families with leases that expire prior to the start of the new school year will still be required to provide a new lease in order to complete the registration process. Documents may be scanned or you may upload a picture from your phone (make sure name, date and address are readable). If you are unable to upload your documents into PowerSchool, you may still provide print copies to the school office when the buildings re-open to the public. Please note that D64 will review all submitted information and may further investigate a student's residency before registration is considered complete. You will receive an email when residency has been verified.
5. Final Step: Once a parent clicks on “I acknowledge…” and submits the ‘ Acknowledgment of Completion” form, the registration process is complete. If you were asked to provide residency documents, you will receive an email when residency has been verified.
6. Student Fees: Your invoice will be available to pay within 24 hours of registering. You should receive an email with payment details - the invoice will also be available to pay by visiting the Parent Portal and clicking on the MySchoolBucks icon in the menu on the left of the page.
7. Questions: Contact your child's school with questions by phone or email - see the contact list.
Timely registration will allow principals to fully staff their buildings, so we ask that you do not delay in registering your children. If you do not plan to return to District 64, please let the school know.
Thank you for your cooperation as we look forward to the upcoming school year!
Please click here for the Home Language Survey in English that all new students registering for District 64 are required by state law to complete. Please visit the English Learner Department page to learn more.
If you need the Home Language Survey in a different language, please see below or contact your school office.