Please see the instructions below to get started.
What is my school?
- For information related to school boundaries, please consult the online map of school attendance zones or stop by the District office at 164 S. Prospect Ave., Park Ridge, to view a full-size map.
- Get further school information here.
How do I get started to register?
PLEASE READ: The pre-enrollment process for kindergarten students and new/transferring students of all grades in District 64 has opened for the 2020-21 school year. There are three steps prior to the actual registration which opens April 21.
Step 1: Beginning February 18, 2020, complete the online pre-enrollment form at this link, opening “Enrollment Express.” Here you will fill out basic information about yourself and the student. You will be asked to upload documents that prove your residency within District 64. Acceptable documents are listed in the form or see a list of acceptable residency documents here.
Step 2: Within 3-5 days after submitting, you will receive an email with a link to the Parent Portal with a username and password. During this part of the process you will upload necessary documents. You must provide a certified copy of your child's birth certificate in person at the school office. Or during the summer, please submit to the District 64 Educational Service Center.
To register for kindergarten in 2020-21, a child must be five years old on or before September 1, 2020. Those pre-enrolling kindergarten students will be given a choice of AM/PM sessions and Extended Day Kindergarten during this step. Selection for the EDK will be made via a lottery process. Those who have pre-enrolled by March 10 will be eligible for the lottery. Families will be notified of the lottery results by 4 p.m. on March 11.
Step 3: Parents who have pre-enrolled with documents accepted by the district will be emailed in early April with information about finishing the registration process. Registration will open for all students on April 21.
Information especially for Kindergarten/1st Grade 2020-21
- Early Entrance to Kindergarten or First Grade for 2020-21 - For information about the requirements and procedures, please visit the Acclerated Placement and Early Entrance Procedures webpage.
- Looking for enrichment options for your kindergarten student? Check out our Extended Day Kindergarten options for students entering kindergarten in 2020-21.
- Kindergarten Roundup Evenings will be presented online in April by all five District 64 elementary schools: Carpenter, Field, Franklin, Roosevelt and Washington. More information will be coming soon to your school's website.
Registration for students returning for the 2020-21 school year will open on Tuesday, April 21.
If you wish to register a student for the current 2019-20 school year, please contact the school by phone or email. If you aren't sure which school to contact, please email our Public Information Coordinator.
Please note that students will not be placed on a core/classroom list for 2020-21 until the registration has been completed and approved by the District.
The Registration Process:
1. Sign In: Visit the PowerSchool Parent Portal to complete registration. If you are unable to sign in or forgot your password, contact your school secretary.
2. Registration Forms: Sign in to the portal and on the left side menu, click on Forms 20-21 Registration. You will see School Form Listing for (Student Name). Click on the Enrollment tab.
3. Complete the Forms: Once you are in the Enrollment tab, click on the form links to begin filling in the requested information for each form.
4. Residency documents: Some returning students may be asked to upload documents that prove your residency within District 64. Acceptable documents are listed in the form or see a list of acceptable residency documents here. In addition, families with leases that expire prior to the start of the new school year will still be required to provide a new lease in order to complete the registration process. Documents may be scanned or you may upload a picture from your phone (make sure name, date and address are readable). If you are unable to upload your documents into PowerSchool, you may still provide print copies to the school office when the buildings re-open. Please note that D64 will review all submitted information and may further investigate a student's residency before registration is considered complete. You will receive an email when residency has been verified.
5. Final Step: Once a parent clicks on “I acknowledge…” and submits the ‘ Acknowledgment of Completion” form, the registration process is complete. If you were asked to provide residency documents, you will receive an email when residency has been verified.
6. Student Fees: Your invoice will be available to pay within 24 hours of registering. You should receive an email with payment details - the invoice will also be available to pay by visiting the Parent Portal and clicking on the MySchoolBucks icon in the menu on the left of the page.
7. Questions: Contact your child's school with questions - see the contact list. While staff are not in the buildings, we are handling phone calls. If there is no answer, please leave a message.
Timely registration will allow principals to fully staff their buildings, so we ask that you do not delay in registering your children. If you do not plan to return to District 64, please let the school know.
Thank you for your cooperation as we look forward to the upcoming school year!
Please click here for the Home Language Survey in English that all new students registering for District 64 are required by state law to complete. Please visit the English Learner Department page to learn more.
If you need the Home Language Survey in a different language, please see below or contact your school office.