District 64’s mission is to inspire every child to discover, learn, achieve, and care. This mission is set for all students in D64. The mission statement of Special Education as agreed to by PT3 members is: Inspire every child to discover, learn, achieve, and care by recognizing every child has unique and individual needs, while fostering a learning environment that promotes every child's creativity through academic, emotional, and social development.
Our leadership team is honored to serve the District 64 community! The 2020-21 team includes: Elisa Leporini, Alyssa Zommick, Kristyn Bair, Angela Phillips, Anne Clark, and Dr. Lea Anne Frost. Read more about them below:
- Student Services Coordinator Ms. Anne Clark is the newest member of the team. She comes to D64 from Wilmette School District 39 where she served as a special education teacher for the past 7 years. Ms. Clark also served as a special education teacher for 3 years in Champaign School District #4. Ms. Clark will coordinate student services at Carpenter and Emerson Middle School.
- Student Services Coordinator Ms. Alyssa Zommick. will continue to service Roosevelt School on a part-time basis. Prior to joining D64, Ms. Zommick had served one year as a special education coordinator at Huntley School District #158. She was also a special education teacher for 7 years prior at East Maine School District #63 and Kildeer-Countryside School District #96.
- Ms. Elisa Leporini will change her previous D64 assignment slightly and become the student services coordinator for Field and Franklin schools. Ms. Leporini spent the two years previous to D64 as an Assistant Director of Student Services in East Aurora School District #131. Prior to that experience, she held positions in Skokie-Morton Grove School District #69 as an Early Childhood Social Worker/Case Manager, Behavior Intervention Coach, and Assistant Principal.
- Ms. Kristyn Bair will change her previous D64 assignment slightly as well and coordinate services at Washington and Lincoln Middle Schools. For the 3 years previous to her role in D64, Ms. Bair had been an autism and behavior coach with the Northwest Suburban Special Education Organization (NSSEO). Prior to that, she served as a school psychologist in Waukegan School District 60.
Assistant Director Angela Phillips will continue as the Assistant Director for Student Services. Ms. Phillips came to D64 last year and held previous positions as the Assistant Director for Special Education in North Chicago #187, the Division Chair of Special Education at Zion-Benton High School District #126, and as an Assistant Principal and special education teacher within Deerfield School District #109.
- Heading the department as the Director of Student Services for a third year, is Dr. Lea Anne Frost. Dr. Frost came to District 64 with more than 30 years of experience in the field of special education, ranging from her start as a special education teacher to a special education program supervisor and assistant superintendent before heading multi-district special education cooperatives.
For additional information, please contact:
- Dr. Lea Anne Frost - Director of Student Services - 847-318-4332
- Angela Phillips - Assistant Director of Student Services - 847-318-8122
- Kristyn Bair - Student Services Coordinator (Washington Elementary and Lincoln Middle schools)
- Anne Clark - Student Services Coordinator (Carpenter Elementary and Emerson Middle schools)
- Elisa Leporini - Student Services Coordinator (Field and Franklin schools)
- Alyssa Zommick - Student Services Coordinator (Roosevelt School)