District 64’s mission is to inspire every child to discover, learn, achieve, and care. The Student Services Department is committed to ensuring this mission is first and foremost for all students in District 64. In addition, the Student Services Department is committed to forging a strong partnership with all parents, collaborating together to provide an appropriate educational program for each and every student, and keeping the lines of communication open.
For the 2018-19 school year, three special education coordinators along with an Assistant Director and Director will lead the District's important efforts.
Our new leadership team is honored to serve the District 64 community!
Meet the Student Services leadership team (from left):
- Student Services Coordinator Ms. Antonia (Toni) Galan will coordinate services at Washington and Franklin schools as we begin the 2018-19 school year. Before joining District 64, she was the Director of Student Services for West Chicago School District 33 for the past four years.
- Newly appointed Assistant Director Susan Waughon previously was a special education administrator in Hinsdale School District 181 for the past eight years. In addition to serving as Assistant Director, Ms. Waughon also will coordinate services at Roosevelt School.
- Joining District 64 in 2018-19 as Student Services Coordinator is Ms. Natalie Szeles. She has been a special education teacher/social emotional learning coach for Glenview School District 34 for the past three years. Ms. Szeles will coordinate services at Field and Carpenter schools.
- Student Services Coordinator Jill Dzik is a returning member of our team who will continue to serve our two middle schools -- Emerson and Lincoln.
- Heading the department is the new Director of Student Services Lea Anne Frost. Dr. Frost has deep experience in all facets of special education. She comes to District 64 with more than 20 years of experience in the field of special education, ranging from her start as a special education teacher to rising levels of responsibility and complexity as a special education program supervisor and assistant superintendent before heading multi-district cooperatives.
For additional information, please contact:
- Dr. Lea Anne Frost - Director of Student Services - 847-318-4332
- Sue Waughon - Assistant Director of Student Services - 847-318-8122 (and coordinator for Roosevelt School)
- Jill Dzik - Student Services Coordinator (Emerson and Lincoln middle schools)
- Antonia (Toni) Galan - Student Services Coordinator (Washington and Franklin schools)
- Natalie Szeles - Student Services Coordinator (Field and Carpenter schools)