School Board Election 2021
The District 64 Board of Education will be included in the spring municipal elections on Tuesday, April 6, 2021. District 64 residents will be electing four individuals to serve four-year terms. The D64 Board has a total of seven members.
The filing period for candidates with the Cook County Clerk’s Office opens on Monday, December 14 and continues through Monday, December 21. Here are other important dates in the filing process:
- The last date to file objections to nominating petitions is Tuesday, December 29
- The last date to file a withdrawal of candidacy form is Thursday, January 28, and
- The last date to file a declaration of intent as a write-in candidate is Thursday, February 4.
ABC's of School Board Service Event
The District 64 administration will host this event from 7 to 8 p.m. on Wednesday, October 14. The virtual meeting is designed to allow prospective Board members and community members an opportunity to ask questions about the job of a school board member, and to get a feel for the time commitment, challenges and rewards that may not be evident from reading the formal list of responsibilities. This is not an official Board meeting; only two Board members will participate, along with two members of the District 64 administration.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic this meeting will be held online through Zoom. Attendees will be able to watch the presentation and ask questions by typing them into the Q/A button.
- Please click this link to join the webinar through a computer or mobile device. Passcode: 299454
- iPhone one-tap : US: +13126266799,,93736612440#,,,,,,0#,,299454#
- Telephone: 1-312-626-6799 Webinar ID: 937 3661 2440
Resources for Prospective School Board Members
Board Members' Code of Conduct, Operating Principles, Training and Overview - School District 64
About School Boards - IASB