The District 64 Board of Education held its regular monthly meeting on Thursday night at Jefferson School.
The following are some highlights:
A COVID-19 update was given by Board of Education attorney Anthony Loizzi that included the following key points of new guidance from the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH):
- In-person instruction is top priority
- Masks should be worn indoors by all individuals (age 2 and over) who are not vaccinated
- Maintain at least three feet of physical distance in the classroom. When not possible it's important to layer other prevention strategies such as indoor masking.
- Monitoring of community transmission and vaccination to guide local decisions on layered prevention strategies during the school year.
- Elimination or relaxation of prevention strategies should be gradual and monitored closely with input from LHD.
The PRTAA Park Ridge Teachers Assistant Association's collective bargaining agreement was approved by Board through the 2021-22 school year.
A summer construction project update was provided by Director of Facilities Management, Anthony Bersani. Bersani noted all summer projects remain on schedule and within budget. You can view photos of the renovation progress at Carpenter here.