The Park Ridge-Niles School District 64 Board of Education, at its May 3rd special meeting, approved a three-year contract and compensation package for Dr. Ben Collins, who will become Superintendent effective July 1.
Here are a couple of videos to help you get to know Dr. Collins:
“I am just so excited for this,” said Dr. Collins at the podium after the Board officially approved his hiring. “I’m glad to have my family here because they’re a big part of my experiences and a big part of how I think about schools and how we teach students.”
“To everybody here,” Dr. Collins motioned to the room full of community and staff. “I just want to let you know that I’m going to work as hard as possible to make sure that our children have the best education possible and to make sure that all of our staff and our administration are supported every day because we do really, really hard work. So with that, I just want to say thank you and talk to you soon.”
Attached is the contract that was approved, and below are some key items.
The salary includes the following:
- Salary of $225,000 per year
- Payment of employee’s share of required pension contribution to Teachers’ Retirement System (TRS)
The benefits include:
- Reimbursement for actual miles driven for work-related travel based on the IRS rate
- Paid life, health, dental, and long-term disability insurance premiums
- Payment of benefits for Teachers' Retirement System (TRS) and Teacher’s Health Insurance System (THIS)
- Monthly communication allowance